Monday, May 4, 2009

A little light went out, and a new creation

Hi Everyone,

I hope you all had wonderful weekends, mine was a little sad, our beloved Samson who was nearly 14 was put to sleep on Thursday so I had mum come and stay with us for a few days... which we both needed. It's better for hi though he really wasn't well and it's the most human thing to do as upsetting as it is. He had a heart condition which was medicated for the last 5 years so he has done well but I guess it just got the better of him. He had a full life from running along the beach, coming to market stalls and just getting into all kids of trouble.. mainly with me! He lived with mum, but I was with him for the first 7 years of his life and then right through, I wasn't there when he passed over he was just to sick and mum didn't tell me... I admire her strength We are all really upset and I can't believe he is gone... I will miss him forever but I'm sure we will meet again.. I was blessed to have known him... big dog trapped in a little dogs body hahaha
I just wanted to make a note for him

ANYWAY I don't really want to be sad, that's not the way to remember him nor would it do him justice he was hilarious and at times a little ratbag... sooooo I also have been creating... this is a pin cushion I made it hangs up (it has a tiny hook!,) is scented (rose of course with a little surprise there!) it is very detailed and was great fun to make. It has about 30 mixed flowers.... (velvet and organza hydrangeas, roses and daisies) There will be others available I am selling this one for $24.95 if your interested in them lemme know I will post the others once I finish, with the prices

I hope you all have a fantastic week, I have to head off to the land of nod, Dave and I sealed the garage floor and he put the carpet down so it's all systems go again for reclaiming the sewing room/studio.... bless him he is working on a very large window to put in


til next time

brightest blessings to you all

Vic xxxx

4 comments:

  1. oh how sad it is to lose a loveable companion as your little Samson was. I am sure you have great memories of him that will last forever.
    I just love your pin cushion very creative.
    (((HUGS))) Roslyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always sad when furry friends pass away.
    On a happier note though your pin cushions look delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you lost your beloved Samson

    Your pin cushions are so sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vikki just thought I would stop by and say Hi. Sorry to hear you have lost your dog, he looks like he was a gorgeous pet in the photo, very cute. Its so sad to loose a pet....
    Take care xx Allie

    ReplyDelete