Friday, February 26, 2010

a pride of place

Hi Girls,

I just wanted to share a few pics of something new I have made...
I felt a little flat this week so I wanted to do something for myself.. I go NUTS (literally) if
I can't create and I havent had much time lately
wonderful thing is I didnt have to look far for inspiration... my baby girl.. Lily
She'll be 2 soon (in May) everyday is a blessing to have her...

SOOOO I looked for what I could find.....Dave and I have HEAPS
and I mean HEAPS of brass framed pieces, we had some in the cafe bathroom...t
hey are now unfortuantely destroyed BUT we did have a truckload down
in my studio hoping that the day would come that they would be used... and it has!..
so I ripped out the picture of the one I didn't like a created this.

I know this kinda thing has been done before BUT this is my take on it...
and I love the colours of paper flowers at the moment... especially the Lillies...
I can't emrboider or do stumpwork either to save my life (I would sooo love to)..
SOOO this is my meshing of the two.... kinda hahahaha


For my little girl, 2 doves and roses for love,
pale pink for girliness

Pretty colours for her to enjoy
beads for bling (every girl has to have it)

And flowers that she is named after

this now hangs pride of place in our bedroom,
a reminder of the precious gift Dave and I have given each other

Thanks for taking the time to look and  I wish you all a beautiful weekend
Love n kisses
Vic xxxx 

2 comments:

  1. That is stunning Vicki...and a beautiful meaning too.Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicki,
    Oh, what a sweet post and lovely creation for Lily.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete